Monday, May 5, 2008

Celebrate!

Ok, well it is almost time to celebrate. End of the semester is just two days away. It will be nice to have a couple of weeks off before the summer semester starts. Actually got a quick beach getaway planned in there. But most importantly, time to reflect a little bit about this semester. It was my first semester of graduate school, and it seemed to just fly by. But overall, I think it went very well. I was able to meet some great people as part of the group projects, and I certainly learned a new thing or two. The discussions were engaging and got to see a couple of different points of view from the other students.

Going into the class, I knew where my expertise was. I had a very strong networking background with some PC troubleshooting type work. I fancy myself as a bit of a scripter, but definitely not a full fledged programmer. It was good to read about the different standards and the different ways of approaching a programming project.

The current events portion of the class was also fun. Many of the articles I found, or other students had found, made its way into my normal everyday conversations. After reading the article about about a middle schooler running the school network, I think I'm glad that I got out of that field and into another part of Information Technology.

But the semester is over, so good luck to the other students finishing their degrees. And good luck to Les with his next incoming class.

No comments: