Monday, February 11, 2008

It's all about Networking!


I love networking! In the world of IT, it has to be my favorite topic/subject. I finally completed my CCNA two summers ago. As a continuation, I began studying for my CCNP. The change of jobs put that on hold for a little bit. The only part I was never too crazy about was making cables. Having to make a couple hundred patch cables for a move was never fun.

Networks are the core of all infrastructures; providing the medium that allows communication between devices. Going into the future, it will allow us to expand. There is equipment out there that is extremely mobile. However, this equipment doesn't become worth anything until it is "networked". By today's definition, that means a connection to the internet. As the speed of cell phone networks increase, the number of web services that are pushed to cell phones is increasing, and thus increasing mobility.

1 comment:

Les said...

It's kewl you are so much into network technology but a manager needs to know and understand other domains...security, human resources, acquisition, etc. I hope that this course will broaden your perspective!